DISCLOSURE: THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, AND AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I EARN A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK LINKS AND DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE.
Eating lighter during the summer is a great way to remain healthy and enjoy your summer get-togethers and vacations. During the summer months, you are probably less inclined to eat heavy, hot meals, and are looking more for lighter fare. The good news is that not only are these lighter meals much more pleasant to eat in 90 and 100-degree summer heat, but many of them are very healthy as well. Here are some light, healthy meals to enjoy during the summer. Plus some tips and tricks to help you plan a fabulous summer!
Why Eat Lighter?
There are many reasons why you should consider eating lighter during the summer. One of the main reasons is to keep your body in better shape and reduce harm from overheating and water loss.
You’ll also get more energy when you eat smaller more frequent, healthy, light meals. To keep up with your children and have more fun with your entire family it’s important to eat healthily and focus your diet on fruits and vegetables.
The summer is a time when most people are eating and drinking much more than usual when you are regularly drinking beers and other sugary alcohol beverages this can cause not only weight gain, but also water retention. One easy way to combat this is by simply eating lighter meals in the summer months.
Some people consider switching to a diet that will help them lose unwanted weight like a Keto Diet which can help you shed a ton of fat and get a more beautiful body.
If you’ve decided to switch to a diet like the Keto Diet, a good product to aid you in getting to ketosis is the Purefit Keto Supplement. The Purefit Keto is an amazing product designed to help you lose weight and feel amazing. It allows the body to begin converting into a state of nutritional ketosis. Featuring a special blend of ingredients, Purefit KETO is a safe and simple way to achieve ketosis without the negative side effects of a typical ketogenic diet. And the best part about this product is the super fast weight loss that it helps people attain.
Keys to success with this supplement:
- Take 2 Purefit KETO capsules daily with water
- Eat keto-friendly meals and snacks throughout the day
- Enjoy the improved energy and focus while your body uses fat for energy.
Another product that is very helpful for those on the keto diet is the Perfect Keto Electrolytes. These help to replenish electrolytes that your body loses while on a Keto Diet. These diets are known to be very diuretic in nature. In order to ensure that you stay perfectly hydrated in the summer so that you look your absolute best AND maintain your healthy skin and hair, it’s very important to make sure that you find products that help even while following your diet, so what really helps with this is the Perfect Keto Electrolytes.
How/When to use Electrolytes:
- In the first few days of low-carb or keto diets to make the transition more pleasant
- In the morning when fasting or to support mental performance
- With meals to supplement mineral intake
- Pre-workout to support energy and performance
- Between meals to support electrolyte levels
Tasty Light Summer Meals that You Can’t Go Wrong With
People seriously underestimate the power of eating fruit, not just in health, but due to how easy they are to put together. When you eat fruit, it helps your body to carry on all sorts of essential functions that help with your digestive health. That means that not only is a fruit bowl a low-calorie option, it provides a good amount of antioxidants and vitamins. All you have to do is cut a cantaloupe in half and hollow out a bowl shape and cut up the cantaloupe that was removed. Cut up other fruits you enjoy, like cherries, grapes, apples, or watermelon. Place the pieces of fruit in a bowl and enjoy it now, or put them in a plastic storage container to save for later.
Caesar salads are a great light meal for pretty much any occasion. This version will have some tomatoes added to beef up the weight of the meal just slightly, so you’ll get a bit more lycopene. Lycopene is a chemical responsible for a healthy, plaque-free circulatory system. Of course, the chicken will deliver a good amount of protein.
- 6 – 8 leaves of baby romaine lettuce (with one thinly sliced into a fine shred)
- 8 oz of seasoned grilled chicken, 1 diced roma tomato
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of your favorite Caesar dressing.
Mix caesar dressing, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, pepper and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Once it’s mixed, arrange reasonable amounts of the mixture onto each skewer or the remaining lettuce leaves. Now you can have a delicious chicken caesar you can eat with your fingers!
Nothing says summer like a light stir-fry. Stir-frying food is a great way to get a quick crisp healthy plate of food ready in a jiffy. You can use a bunch of veggies that are readily available in the summer months and even the ones that you’ve grown in your home garden. The key to stir-frying is to use high-quality oil and very high heat. I love cooking with peanut oil. It’s way better for stir-frying and frying, basically any type of cooking where you need to use very very hot oil.
Here’s a super quick, easy stir-fry that you can try. The veggies here are obviously great for you and will give you some great nutrients in just under 15 minutes.
- ¼ a head of cabbage (sliced very thin into a shred)
- ½ a medium sized onion sliced
- one red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ tablespoon of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, ground pepper
- a chopped sprig of basil
- 3 tablespoons of soy or teriyaki sauce
Place the oil in the pan. Heat the pan until it’s visibly hot but not so hot that oil burns or smokes. Toss in the broccoli and cook until it browns then add the peppers, onions and cook until the onion brown. Toss in the cabbage and garlic stirring very frequently until it browns a bit. Turn off the heat and stir in the basil and sauces. Let it cool and serve!
Best Herbs for the Summertime
Use herbs in your grilling and summer cooking, even in fruit bowls and soups to make your dishes taste more flavorful and delicious. Most herbs are going to be considered superfoods since they contain so many wonderful vitamins and minerals, but here are some of the best ones to find in the summer:
Basil – Basil is a wonderful herb for the summer season. You can use it to add flavor to your dishes when you want to reduce your sodium and get away from using so much salt.
Nutrients in basil include vitamin A, vitamin K, manganese, vitamin C, omega=3 fatty acids, magnesium, iron, folate, and calcium. As you can see, they are loaded with important nutrients for your body!
Cilantro – If you are a fan of making your own pesto or sauces in the summer, the next two herbs will be perfect to add to the kitchen. Cilantro is extremely low in cholesterol, but it contains vitamins like C, E, A, and K. It also has dietary fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
Parsley – The next herb you can use for sauces and pestos in the summer is parsley. Like many other herbs, it contains a good amount of folate, iron, vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Use these Tips to Plan a Fun Get Together with Your Friends
Planning a summer party doesn’t need to be time consuming or difficult. Easy peasy summer get-togethers are a breeze when you don’t get fuddled up cooking heavy, complicated dishes. Pick light dishes that contain fruit, grilled meat, and a healthy salad. You’ll surprise your friends by picking an Asian inspired theme and using this stir-fry recipe, and you can even make it more fun by trying some interesting and super pretty fruits that you’ve never tried before.
- Whenever possible use recyclable products for serving and dishes, plates and cups that you can wash to reduce waste and help the environment.
- Keep a good sunscreen like this one- which has a high SPF, handy in your purse, pool bag or in your outdoor kitchen to make sure your guests and family are protected from the sun
- Use bug spray whenever possible, don’t forget those pesky mosquitoes carrying viruses that can be harmful.
- Keep water with you regularly for yourself and others to help maintain hydration and don’t forget to drink water when your swimming all day.
- Use can use a product like the soda stream to make your own sodas and ensure that you don’t drink too many carbonated beverages at while your children are home during the summer, you can also make more fancy and fun sparking drinks to serve guests at parties.
- Remember to read reviews of resorts and hotels, and always use a reputable online website to book your hotels and rental cars. Use booking.com to ensure that you get the best deals on your family vacations. Spend some time planning everything from your destination to the room you’ll stay in and figure out what’s most important for all travelers when it comes to accommodations.
Enjoy a Lighter Summer
As you can see cooking lighter in the summer is not only healthy, but it’s way better for you and your body. Plus, I don’t know about you, but to me, light cooking is SO MUCH MORE FUN! I would much rather cook a simple summer stir-fry, grilled chicken, serve up some outstanding fruit juices and bowls, than I would to sweat away in a kitchen, just put me by the pool with a drink in my hand and big plate of watermelon and I’ll be happy. The more recipes you try, the better you’ll become at being able to easily whip up these fun and yummy dishes!
If you liked this post, please comment below and share it so your friends can read it too!
Want to join the conversation and leave a comment? Scroll on down and join in! All comments are appreciated!